Undefined_Protocol

Predefined Protocol

18 posts in this topic

Hello guys!

Do you guys know if it is possible that the predefined protocol function of the RS485 module of the L/Q series can execute different protocols (MODBUS, FREQROL) using only a single cable of a three wire branch? I would appreciate any help that you can relay to me. Thanks.

I guess that would be possible.
From the PLC side it just sends a frame over the bus doesn't matter what it is.

18 hours ago, Gambit said:

I guess that would be possible.
From the PLC side it just sends a frame over the bus doesn't matter what it is.

@Gambit, Thank you for responding!

So to clearly state the set-up, for example, a plc with the serial module is connected to five vfds on FREQROL communications and two power meters communicating on MODBUS can seamlessly send and recieve data through a three wire bus (TX, RX, SG)? Thank you.

I haven't done that setup on L/Q, but in the FX you have to choose either Modbus or FREQROL, so the answer would be no. However, the Mitsubishi VFDs will work with Modbus, you just have to set things up a little differently.

Pre-defined protocol does allow multiple protocols. I never tried it though

protocol.JPG

Edited by Gambit

@JRoss, I think I must try for more research before confirming the information, because if the tool doesn't allow the multiple protocol execution on 1 interface, they should've told that in the manual, that is why I am confirming stuff with you guys. Anyways, thank you for the opinion sir.

@Gambit, yes, that is what the tool looks like, and then the question of the multiple protocol execution still clouds my mind. if they said that in the CPTRCL instruction you can execute up to 8 protocols, can the simultaneously executed protocols be of different frames?

Thank you for the response sir.

I don't think the tool really care's what goes over the line. There just different frames (protocols). 
You can send 8 simultaneously. If you send one by one It could be more. 

But is should be easy enough to test. Let us know if it worked 

anybody can help me? I have a problem with the use of the predefined protocol, the protocol status is not executed so the program on the GX error. 

22.png

11.png

Edited by diraemon

What are your switch settings and what is the error on the CPU ?
Also in your CPRTCL command Iy should be U1 not U10

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

Thank you for reminding the error in the slot on the program ,,
I tried uploading the program again, and I set the switch settings like this. the result returned an error in the intelligence module,,

the error code is 32000 which mean the "Protocol No. setting error" but I am confused whether it has anything to do with the protocol that is not executed like the picture "the protocol execution log"..??

00.jpg

01.jpg

Edited by diraemon

Looks like your control data is wrong. What have you set in D3012 ? 
Is it set to the first protocol nr

Edited by Gambit

15 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Looks like your control data is wrong. What have you set in D3012 ? 
Is it set to the first protocol nr

thank for your response..
D3012 is the part of the data length that I set in GP.CPRTCL..
I don't know what is wrong, because the RD and SD signal indicators in modul intellegent doesnt work,, ?

1234.jpg

1234.jpg

Ok that is your mistake that should not be the same device.
In the instruction that  should be de control Data. which is that device and the next 17 devices.

Here you should set which protocol number should be send and how many. It also contains your completion code after the instruction has been processed

Edited by Gambit

18 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Ok that is your mistake that should not be the same device.
In the instruction that  should be de control Data. which is that device and the next 17 devices.

Here you should set which protocol number should be send and how many. It also contains your completion code after the instruction has been processed

what do you mean "which is that device and the next 17 devices" ? sorry  I am a beginner and still study for this job..

Let say your instruction is GP.CPRTCL U1 K1 K1 D0 M0. 

Than not just D0 is used but also the next 17. so D0-D17. Each Device contains some information needed for the instruction.

Capture.JPG

Only D2 is set by the user which mean which procotol will be executed according to your screen capture it is nr 1 

Edited by Gambit

7 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Let say your instruction is GP.CPRTCL U1 K1 K1 D0 M0. 

Than not just D0 is used but also the next 17. so D0-D17. Each Device contains some information needed for the instruction.

Capture.JPG

thank you sir, I will try it again based on what you told me,,