Robo

Convert Q03UDCPU to Q04UDHCPU

13 posts in this topic

Needed to upgrade my CPU to a bigger memory. Have chosen the Q04UDH to replace the Q03UD. Ran the 'Project...Change PLC Type... and also changed the PLC CPU parameter. Compilation reported no errors. However, when downloading the attached error comes up? The PLC layout includes CPU, Ethernet Card, CCIE field Master Card, various DI/O and analog. All other settings have not changed. Does anyone have any ideas where to look next? This should be straight forward exercise.

Capture.JPG

Check the CPU version. It looks like this is an old one which doesn't support CC Link IE Field.

You can check the version from the system diagnostics 

Thanks Gambit, the CPU was just purchased in April 2017. I didn't consider the version as I assumed it would be the latest. I am unable to physically check this at the moment but have attached the box it came in. From this can I assume the manufactured date is 14th June 2009? If so, I imagine that this age may be the problem?

Capture2.JPG

Yep This should be the problem. The version nr is below .........-B.

I checked the manual for CC-Link IE Field any universal CPU should work. So this one should work also.

Can you check the network settings?

I think the UDH is not IE Feild friendly. You will need a UDV. I don't know which is cheaper but maybe a IE feild to Ethernet adapter if you must use this CPU, that's not an ideal set up but would work check out the NZ2GF-ETB.

I went through the same thing with Q06UDH. I eventually just got a SRAM card and used extended data registers to get more memory.   

Thanks Guys for the response. I'm currently looking into both options. I'll post the outcome so we can all learn from this.

Can't believe they sold me a "new" CPU that could be 8 years old?

Well a newer CPU didn't work. Network settings are 'normal' and should work according to the book? Q04UDHCPU is universal and should work according to the book?

Does anyone have any further ideas? I think that the * (point) under the IP address is only for built in ethernet ports.

Capture net.PNG

Capture nx.PNG

Thanks Gambit for your reply. Have attached a file with all in case I missed anything you need. Did find some other CPU requirement but not sure it is relevant.

PLC configuration.pdf

CPU requirement.PNG

Can not find anything wrong. If you have a connection can you go to Diagnostics => system monitor => you can choose to get a list of your hardware.

I would delete the IE Field settings and remove the module. See if the PLC goes online. Then just add the settings one by one to see where it goes wrong

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.

The PLC is not local so I am unable to access as I would like. Your suggestion was to be my "last resort" if we can't get to the bottom of this.

We are currently waiting for the local Mitsubishi support (if there is such a thing) to get back to us.

Will post the "fix" when I know.

Well have fixed this issue.

Mitsubishi supplied another CPU but this was 3 years old. Didn't work either and had the same errors. After more discussions, Mitsubishi agreed to supply the latest CPU (Q04UDH). I converted the program as before and the download worked OK. No errors anymore.

Thanks to those that responded.

1 person likes this

Thank for the feedback...