Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcox1980

PanelView Question

5 posts in this topic

I have a PanelView Plus 1000 Cat # 2711P-RDT10C of which I need to edit the project. However, the integrator did not do me the courtesy of including a "go to config" button anywhere in the project. I'm not sure what firmware version it's running but I did a little bit of research about how to get to the config screen and I know that the firmware is old enough that it doesn't have the little white box during boot up to force the HMI into the config mode.

I found an article that said I would have to dismantle the HMI and remove the internal Compact Flash card in order to make changes. Is there any other option?

If it's that old, you will need a version of View Studio older than 8.  I would create a blank project with a "shutdown" button on the only display.  Create a runtime file compiled to firmware version 3.2 or something very old and then download it to the HMI.  Newer HMIs can run older projects with no problems.  You should then be able to get to the OS to check the actual firmware version.  The old mer file should still be present in memory so you can switch back to it from within the OS.

If you don't have a backup copy of the .mer file, I would use the ME Transfer Utility to upload it out of the HMI before doing anything, just to be safe.

Are you sure there isn't a hidden button somewhere? Behind a logo, some text description of the machine, etc. Most of us integrators will hide a button just in case. 

There's an idea.

If you have the source code .apa file and can open it, rt-click on "Displays" in the explorer panel and choose "Import and Export..."  In the dialog box, choose "Export graphic information from displays", click Next.  Check every box and click Next.  It will ask you where to save the export files to, then click Finish.  Go to where it exported to and you will find an .xml file for each display in the project.  Open them up and search for "shutdownButton".  If you don't find it anywhere, it isn't there.  If it is, you get to go on a scavenger hunt.  The setup information for my last project looks like this:

- <shutdownButton name="ShutdownButton1" height="32" width="153" left="320" top="235" visible="true" wallpaper="false" isReferenceObject="false" audio="true" backColor="navy" backStyle="solid" borderStyle="raised" borderUsesBackColor="true" borderWidth="2" description="" highlightColor="lime" borderColor="navy" patternColor="white" patternStyle="none" horizontalMargin="0" verticalMargin="0" shape="rectangle" touch="true" blink="false" endColor="white" gradientStop="50" gradientDirection="gradientDirectionHorizontal" gradientShadingStyle="gradientHorizontalFromRight" RequireElectronicSignature="false" AllowBlankComment="false" RequireReAuthentication="false" RequireCounterSignature="false" AuthorizedGroup="" ESDomainNameVisible="false" ESDomainNameType="ESDomainNameConstant" ESDomainName="" VariableDomainName="" ESDomainNameDisable="false">
  <caption fontFamily="Arial" fontSize="18" bold="false" italic="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" caption="SHUTDOWN" color="white" backColor="navy" backStyle="transparent" alignment="middleCenter" wordWrap="true" blink="false" /> 
  <imageSettings imageName="" alignment="middleCenter" backStyle="transparent" color="white" backColor="navy" scaled="false" blink="false" /> 
- <animations>
  <animateVisibility expression="{[Bond1]Password_OK}" expressionTrueState="visible" /> 
  </animations>
  </shutdownButton>

You know which screen it's on since that's the .xml file you searched and the "left" and "top" parameters show you where it is on the screen, in case it's behind something else.

19 hours ago, Joe E. said:

If it's that old, you will need a version of View Studio older than 8.  I would create a blank project with a "shutdown" button on the only display.  Create a runtime file compiled to firmware version 3.2 or something very old and then download it to the HMI.  Newer HMIs can run older projects with no problems.  You should then be able to get to the OS to check the actual firmware version.  The old mer file should still be present in memory so you can switch back to it from within the OS.

If you don't have a backup copy of the .mer file, I would use the ME Transfer Utility to upload it out of the HMI before doing anything, just to be safe.

Well, that was my issue is that I couldn't get to the config screen to copy the project to a memory card or even change the project. I did a lot of research on the internet and also asked a programmer that works with the integrator that built the machine. After a few days of looking around we found a solution. Plug in a keyboard and press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+Windows Key and that brought up the Windows Task Manager which allowed me to close the project and kick it back out to the Config menu.

19 hours ago, Armadillo852 said:

Are you sure there isn't a hidden button somewhere? Behind a logo, some text description of the machine, etc. Most of us integrators will hide a button just in case. 

And after all that work it turns out there is a button to bring it out to the Config Menu. It isn't exactly hidden per se, but it is labeled as "PC Reboot", which is a little confusing since that machine has a PC inside it that runs another HMI for for a sonic welder in the same machine. 

Thanks for the help anyway guys. This forum is pretty much my first stop when I get stumped on something AB related.