Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve_D

Expansion Rack BI103

2 posts in this topic

Gents, Im having some real issues trying to get my expansion racks to work. I have a CPU on a 5 slot rack and have OMRON cables connecting this to 10 slot 3 expansion racks (BI103s). Should be easy, I should just have to go into the IO table and "Create" the racks to read up the IO right? Well it only works on the first one so I hesitate to assume that OMRON QA has let me down so i ask, is there a dipswitch setting or something similar I may have missed?

Question 2. The 4 bases have there own 240v power but If i have the expansion cable connected to a base and turn off the power on the expansion base I lose all leds on my CPU and my Ethernet cards (which is everything on the CPU base) but my CPU rack power supply LED is still good! Does the expansion cable handle power??? I thought it would be just comms.

also, my expansion rack IO leds do not illuminate until I have my Expansion cable connected to my main base, although all the 240v supplies are on and the 24v io signals are good.

and before you ask, the cables are connected into the correct IN and OUT plugs on the racks, and I assume the cables can connect any end into these plugs

Can someone from OMRON tell me whats going on here, its very urgent, there havent been any hardware recalls have their? FYI we are using a CS1H CPU.

Much apreciated

Have you tried substitution troubleshooting with one rack at a time?

Could be one bad rack or one bad power supply or one bad connecting cable. :shrug: