Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_Pavel_

NJ PLC CAM positioning w pulse train output

3 posts in this topic

Dear All, could you please help

I consider to retrofit a machine tool, there is Omron FQM1 motion PLC used, which controls 6 servo drives (Panasonic, Delta) via pulse train outputs. There is a master encoder, and each servo axis is CAM control with pulse train position reference to a servo drive. As far as I have understood. Lack of schematics and a spiderweb of wires inside control panels.

Now I wanna use NJ301. Strange but I cannot see how to arrange pulse train outputs on NJ... How to do that?

And in general, can I connect a master encoder to NJ301, create 6 servo-axis with CAM function within NJ301 and issue pulse train references to each servo.

Or even could you please give an advice how to solve this with an Omron PLC? Which PLC am I select?

Many thanx!

Edited by _Pavel_

NJ CPU doesn't support Pulse Output unit by itself. You will require an NX EtherCAT Coupler (NX-ECC) to be connected to the CPU, then put Pulse Output (NX-PG0) unit on that Coupler. Same goes for the Encoder input (NX-EC0). NJ wasn't meant to be combined with Pulse Train based Servo in the first place (wasted its EtherCAT potential). I guess that's the reason Omron makes it harder to do pulse train output with it :D

And in general, can I connect a master encoder to NJ301, create 6 servo-axis with CAM function within NJ301 and issue pulse train references to each servo.

Yes. You'll be needing the NJ301-1200 type at minimum. 1 encoder axis and 6 servo axes, so 7 motion axes in total.

As for another PLC that may suffice, a CJ2M combined with CT021 and two NC413 may do the job, depending on the pulse train speed required though...

Edited by innoaloe
1 person likes this