PenneyInstruments

CX-Programmer Comment Language Translation

4 posts in this topic

I am currently trying to modify preliminary code that was sent to me for a system I am making. The physical system has been modified so the code will need to follow suit. It is programmed using a CJ1M CPU13 Omron PLC using CX programmer (Old PLC I know). When I downloaded the code from the PLC, I realized that the previous programmer was of a french background so all the comments and symbols in the code is in french. This creates a problem for me because it is more difficult to understand what is going on in the program he/she had written. My question is, is there a way to export only the comments and symbol names as a text file so I can run it through a translator to get a better idea what is being explained on the ladder rungs. I realize it wont be 100% accurate but it would be better than what I have now. Any ideas?

I are also trying to figure out a way to use the Omron technology to measure the life of a catalytic converter during operation. We want to characterize the degradation of performance so we know when the catalytic element needs to be swapped out for a new one or cleaned. If anyone knows of such a sensor, I would be pleased to know.

1 person likes this

You can just highlight all the comments and copy and paste into Excel.

Then use a translator.

Thanks, I will give that a try. Do you copy the text from the each program routine or is there a way I can few all comments in the program?

Open the symbol editor and just highlight all symbols, addresses and comments - ctrl c - then go to excel and ctrl v - all done.