Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madatix

Replacing compactLogix analog cards

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

we have two damaged analog cards for CompactLogix PLC ( 1769-OF8C  & 1769-IF8) that we are going to replace.

my experience is with Siemens and Schneider PLC's  but for Allen Bradley, not so much

so my question is : are there any requirements or specification other than the part-number that could prevent the cards from going in service directly ?

as for the firmware, series and so on ?  and do i need to do any extra work after replacing the card ?

thank you
Best Regards

In general, Compact I/O modules have been widely compatible with regard to firmware.    Some government-regulated industries require that you use precisely the same firmware revisions in your application, and Compact I/O modules are (in general ) not field upgradeable.     Examine the "Electronic keying" tab in Studio 5000 to be sure that your new module will work when it goes into the installation.

All of the configuration for scaling and range and signal type is done in software, automatically by the CompactLogix CPU.

One physical setting you will want to check is the 1769-OF8C has an internal/external power selector switch on the circuit board.   Be sure that is set to match the module you replace.

1 person likes this