Deswin

What is Jump instruction and how its work

10 posts in this topic

I go through PLC OMRON CP1E N20 manual and i tried to understand the jump instructions and I can't get it what the instruction about and how its work. Can any PLC Masters and Pros can explain about this!!! Kindly thanks to those who reply this topics. Thanks

The Jump JMP and Jump End JME instructions work in pairs.

When the logic conditions to the JMP instruction are true, the JMP is not executed and the logic will process as written.

If the logic conditions to the JMP instruction are not true, the Jump is executed and the processor ignores all the logic between the JMP and the JME instruction.  That means that any output instructions that were on before the Jump is executed will stay on while the Jump is working.  Outputs will update per the logic once the Jump stops execution.

Hope this helps.

On 5/12/2017 at 0:44 AM, gtsuport said:

The Jump JMP and Jump End JME instructions work in pairs.

When the logic conditions to the JMP instruction are true, the JMP is not executed and the logic will process as written.

If the logic conditions to the JMP instruction are not true, the Jump is executed and the processor ignores all the logic between the JMP and the JME instruction.  That means that any output instructions that were on before the Jump is executed will stay on while the Jump is working.  Outputs will update per the logic once the Jump stops execution.

Hope this helps.

can I have a ladder diagram about the jump instruction so I can understand clearly

Do not use them - hate the bloody things! Find another way is my advice - I have.

1 person likes this

I'm with Bob, avoid them if possible.  But if they are in your program, gt did a good job explaining their operation.

On 5/14/2017 at 5:27 PM, BobB said:

Do not use them - hate the bloody things! Find another way is my advice - I have.

So whats the best instruction to use in OMROM PLC to repeat the whole loop process

You could set a done bit to restart the sequence. I do not have loops like this in my programs - perhaps someone else may be better to advise you than me here. Prviously I have set a done bit and used that to restart.

4 hours ago, BobB said:

You could set a done bit to restart the sequence. I do not have loops like this in my programs - perhaps someone else may be better to advise you than me here. Prviously I have set a done bit and used that to restart.

how did you set a done bit. Im still NooB in PLC

Don e when the sequence finishes and use it to start again.

Good one, Bob...:clap: