lamboom

loading a new program & "Tag name resolution error"

6 posts in this topic

I just loaded a demo program from LinMot for E/CAT control of one of their drives.   It's quite simple,  it shows various ways of power on, homing, and a move for their linear motor.  it included 3 ladder programs, and 2 structured text programs as examples.   I selected one ladder, and deleted the other 4 (there would have been serious errors and warnings if the full example program had been installed)

Here it is:    http://download.linmot.com/plc_lib/preliminary/Omron/LinMot_Demo4SysmacNJ_prjDS402.smc2

I installed this program into the NJ, and discovered only the following internal & external variables:

Internal_Variables_1.jpg.6de328718e7a497

Internal_Variables_2.jpg.a1f0d4e04578b6b

External_Variables_01.jpg.2718d0871c2878

As you can see at the top (internals) the main command variables (cmdPowerDS, cmdDriveHomeDS & cmdMoveDS) initiate the critical first important functions...yet they are not Global Variables, and no reference was made to managing them via digital I/O's or HMI    It's one of those "examples" where if you don't understand it, you should be doing something else with your life.. :-)

There is an instruction of sorts provided by LinMot:

0185-1120-E_0V6_AN_PLC_Commissioning_CoE-DS402.pdf

All of this is provided for a "Big Picture" of what's going on...   previously there was a project with this NJ where I attempted to stream position data via the E/IP port to a LinMot E/IP drive (there are posts about it on this forum) .. that attempt, in spite of helpful suggestions from Forum members, ... failed.  (Members were correct in their skepticism that it wouldn't work)

After synchronizing and installing this new project, in which the drive is connected to the E/CAT port, and the HMI and a E/IP switch is connected to the E/IP port.. synchronization is achieved using E/IP with a hub... and works fine... sorta of.

There is a Net error ..blinking red LED on the E/IP port, and a minor fault red blinking on the NJ statue LED's:

minor fault, reported as:  Ethernet/IP - CIP  event code 0x34270000

"Tag name resolution error"

this a mystery  .. there are no tags in this program (tho there were some in the previous program which used the E/IP network to manage a LinMot drive (unsuccessfully for streaming .. but worked well for everything else desired... power on, home, moves, jog .. etc)

3 causes were listed:

(1)The size of the network variable is different from the tag settings.

(2) The I/O direction set for a tag data link and the I/O direction of the controller variable do not mach

(3) There are no network variables for the controller tag settings.

Does something need to be reset to factory specs that I don't know about?

Is this a problem caused by the previous program?

By the way .. I can manually force those three internal variables true by going on line .. the linear motor powers up, homes and moves in a cyclic sine wave 50mm ..  So, I made the 3 variables "Global" , and verified they were in the CPU's variable list, and added some buttons to the HMI Page .. an' the buttons had no effect ... so far, the HMI cannot control this example program ..

is that because of the Tag resolution error?

Edited by lamboom

UPDATE... The HMI is now working... not sure why (DUH) .. Looks like that problem wasn't related to the Tag Name Resolution Error ... which is still there... sigh.

Hi Michael,

in reply to your problem about "Tag Name Resolution Error", indeed it is something related to the previous setting of Ethernet/IP you did in you first trial with LinMot.
The problem now occurs because you're not connecting to any Ethernet/IP device anymore, but NJ was still setup to have a memory mapped to a certain Ethernet/IP device.

In this case when you are in Work Online to your NJ, go to Sysmac Studio Tools --> Ethernet/IP Connection Settings.
In the window opened, double click on your NJ, then open the second tab (Connection). You should see the previous LinMot EIP Drive IP Address registered. Delete it from the list

Afterwards go to the first tab (Tag Set) and make sure everything related to LinMot EIP is gone before clicking Tranfer To Controller button. Your problem should have solved then.

Hi ... Thanks again .. I did look there.  Nothing left.  and the "Transfer to Controller" button is greyed out... not available.

Is it possible that when I synchronized this new project ... the new (empty: tag sets: 0/32 & Tags 0/256) didn't sync because the little check box window:  

Do not transfer the EtherNet/IP connection settings ….  My transfer had that box “checked"   .. which would suggest the old settings, from the previous program might still be in there?

5917261fe7718_ToolTagconfig.jpg.205dcb2c59172624c9189_ToolTagconfig_002.jpg.0d31

Do not transfer the EtherNet/IP connection settings ….  My transfer had that box “checked"   .. which would suggest the old settings, from the previous program might still be in there?

For that case, yes. If you want to transfer the new settings (empty one in this case) that box should be unchecked.

But looking at your screenshot, your NJ is not connected yet to the software. Just to make sure if you are trying to see what happened, when you are online to the software, in the Ethernet/IP choose Transfer From Controller first to see what's currently inside, and adjust accordingly.

WOOT! .....    I tried it (unchecked Do not transfer the EtherNet/IP connection settings ) .. and it worked!   then came back to the forum to tell you... and you had already replied ...

That's a great suggestion.. "Transfer FROM Controller"  Will do that in the future... Life has meaning again.

Now off to try Streaming... which will use your brilliant sine wave summing Structured text program with MC_SyncMoveAbsolute  FB

To be continued ...

Edited by lamboom