Charly-newbie

Error 6706 Mitsubishi FX2N

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm really a newbie on PLC's, I'm working with a metal sheet folding machine. The past programmer gave me it's code, but I guess he gave me the wrong one. So, I uploaded the program with GX Developer 8 to a Mitsubishi FX2N-32MR PLC, all looked fine until I tried to run out the program. The error 6706 appeared up on step 3928 (blue rectangle). I read something about it already in other posts. But I'm not quite sure what to do. Can someone point me on the right direction? I attached an image where the problem thst showed up. 

Thanks. 

error 6706.jpg

Parameters-device.jpg

Parameters-memory.jpg

As a starting point monitor and see what value is in D293. If it is a negative number I'm guessing it would cause a fault also if the value is greater > than 32767 it will cause a fault. 

Yes, once I run the program and turn ON the machine, it has a negative value [-8144], how do I change it?

I would force a small positive number into D293

Or search the program or hmi for a reference to that register.

Then monitor the timer/register to if or when it is being changed.

Also search the program and see if anything is being moved in D293. My guess is this is a register mapped to a HMI numerical input (in your HMI software try to do a search for this register, if you can find it go to that screen and input a value). When you dumped in a new program that data would have been lost. You'll need to make an educated guess on the ideal setting for this timer value based on the operation or ask the original programmer. If you can't find the HMI input for this I would do as Ron mentioned and force a value into the data register. You can do this by writing in the code (example ---ll--M8000---------------[mov k10 d293]) or go to the device batch and manually enter it in.

If you want to future proof it in case someone has to dump in a new program it might be beneficial to set a min max in the program (example [< d293 k50]------------[mov k50 d293]

As an after thought - I would also search for D292 in case it has been used as a 32 bit register and the remainder is accidentally being put into D293.