Undefined_Protocol

FX5 & LPLC Ethernet Communications

5 posts in this topic

Guys!

I will appreciate any help on this.

This is my current situation: I wanted to read data registers from my FX5U PLC to the L02CPU using Ethernet communication. I am new to fixed buffer communications and socket communications , so can you guys lend me a hand in dealing with this study? thank you very much guys. Listed below are the hardware:

1. FX5U-32MR/ES

2. L02CPU

3. 1 meter CAT5E LAN cable (straight connection)

4. IQ Works 2 (GX Works2 and GX Works 3)

Can you provide me with a sample program and system architecture on this? I would appreciate the help guys.

FX5U built-in ethernet similar with LQ. FX5ETH.usl - There is library for FX5 based on library for LQ (just changed SD registers).

LQnUDEEthernet_GW2_V200.sul - library for LQ you can also download it from mymitsubishi (https://eu3a.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en/service/download). It go with CHM help file and programm example . You can use tcp or udp connection. 

For tcp connection use FX5EthActive on FX5 side, and use LQnUDEEthUnpassive on L side. 

For udp connection use FX5EthUDP on FX5 side, and use LQnUDEEthUDP on L side.

FX5ETH.usl

LQnUDEEthernet_GW2_V200.sul

Alos you can try L series simple PLC communication read Post by Gambit.

Edited by Clear.Mind
1 person likes this

You don't need to program anything.

The L-series has simple PLC communication setting.
Altough only the QnA FX3 and system Q are listed I think the FX5 will work as well

1 person likes this

Mr @Clear.Mind,

You provided the solution very clearly to me. I already tried to adapt the solution and the workarounds of the function. Thank you!

Edited by Undefined_Protocol

Mr. @Gambit,

Thank you for the response to my query. Actually I know the simple communications very well, yet when the communication involves the new FX5plc, which the simple communications function do not support, we have to use the socket communications. Anyways, I appreciate your efforts. 

Edited by Undefined_Protocol