Mark Davis

Problems with presets

5 posts in this topic

Sometimes the presets in the PLC WILL BE CORRECT AND SOMETIMES NOT. Please advise as to it being a problem with my PLC ORSOMETHING  ELSE. I has chased all wires  and they are connected good. 

We'll need a couple more details before we can be of any help. What type of PLC is it? Can you post your program? When do you notice they aren't right?...

I have an Allen Bradley Micro logix 1000. When press my preset thickness for the lumber I am cutting the measurement is off by + or - 1/4 to 1/2 inch on all presets. 

I don't know the program bc the man that installed the program didn't leave any information and he is dead now. I am stuck and don't know what to do. 

You will be best to find someone with some RsLogix experience to help you out on this one.  It is going to be very tough for us to help without seeing your program.  What is your location?

Without a program...it is all speculation.  A printout of the program converted to a PDF and attached would help the group.  Other than that, post your area location and someone in the vicinity should jump onboard to support.