Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kubo

interrupts CT021 interrupt to CJ2H

11 posts in this topic

Hello, I want to do an interrupt with the HSC CT021 and i'm using the CJ2H PLC, but i can't find any documentation about how to do it.
Can anyone help me with that if it is even possible?
Thank's

5 minutes ago, Jay Anthony said:

Thank's, I have actually already read most of the Wxxx documents but they just mention the CJxM and once the CJ1H

In this one neither i haven't found anything about the CJ2H

Just now, Kubo said:

In this one neither i haven't found anything about the CJ2H

It does not matter.  The card functions exactly the same way with the CJ1M, CJ2M, CJ1G, CJ1H, CJ1G-H, CJ1H-H and CJ2H.  

If you want the newest version of the manual, it can be found here:

http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CJ1/W401-E1-05.pdf

Okay thank's, so the ct021 have to be in the 5 positions right after the cj2h in order to perform the interrupt? do the I/O units count or can i put them after the ct021?
it also says to "Use Lot No.030121 or later (Unit Version 1.06) of CJ1W-CT021 when using with CJ2 CPU Units." ; mine's lot-number is 120707 but the unit version is 1.0, can it do the job?

I would just put the CT021 right next to the processor if you are setting this up for the first time.  I think that if you were to connect your CT021 to the CJ2H and look at the manufacturing information in the I/O Table, you will find that it is at least 1.06.  

Just now, Michael Walsh said:

I would just put the CT021 right next to the processor if you are setting this up for the first time.  I think that if you were to connect your CT021 to the CJ2H and look at the manufacturing information in the I/O Table, you will find that it is at least 1.06.  

Okay, so you're saying it's just because i connected it to far (7th position) that i'm seeing "Unit version : 1.0" for the ct021 in the I/O table?!?

For now i have next to the cj2h eip : 1 DRM21 for the network -> 3 DC input units -> 3 transistor output units -> and then the ct021 (7th). will it be okay with the other units if i place them after the ct021 ? will i have to restart all the settings after.  Thank's again

16 minutes ago, Kubo said:

Okay, so you're saying it's just because i connected it to far (7th position) that i'm seeing "Unit version : 1.0" for the ct021 in the I/O table?!?

No, I was assuming that you read the unit number off the outside of the module. If it says 1.0 in the I/O table, then it will not work apparently.  I was thinking that sometimes the unit number on the outside only listed the first digit after the decimal.  I may be way off there though.

16 minutes ago, Kubo said:

For now i have next to the cj2h eip : 1 DRM21 for the network -> 3 DC input units -> 3 transistor output units -> and then the ct021 (7th). will it be okay with the other units if i place them after the ct021 ? will i have to restart all the settings after.  Thank's again

Yes, if you have a valid CT021, then it could be after the DRM21 and before the I/O modules and it will not affect the addressing or anything else with the I/O modules (except for their location in the I/O Table of course).  Or, it could be before the DRM21 and the I/O modules and everything will still work.

Okay, thank you for your help !

Also, interrupts will not work on CJ1G.  The CPU must support IORW functions.

Okay thank's

So for now i'm gonna use the CT021 just with the reset and the counting value.

Do you think it'll be faster with :

the CIO addresses n+22 / 23 to read the value and n+2.03 to reset it ?

or the IORD/WR functions to read and change the counting value to 0 (reset)?

or setting the linear counter with a range to turn on O0 or O1 that I'll connect to one input of the CJ2H  and take the action when the input goes 0->1 ?