G_DeMark

KepServer & Transaction Manager

3 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I have been researching KEPServerEX and Rockwell's Factory Talk Transaction manager.  I would appreciate this forums opinion/recommendations.  I think the going rate for these packages is about $2,600.

Typically my applications require a very small amount of SQL Database interaction. 

A typical application would be a small system using a compact logix such as an (5069-L306ER).

• I could have less than 100 tags holding string data I would like to write to a table in the SQL database.

• I have some basic part configuration data I might like to read into the PLC from a database.

• Do either of these software packages have the ability to trigger queries or stored procedures? (probably don’t need that, but I am curious)

Please let me know what your experience has been.

Thanks

KepserverEX has the Datalogger plug-in for logging data. This can be done with several different triggers. For accessing the SQL data the ODBC Client driver can be used. That driver has the ability to connect to a stored procedure, supply some inputs and get a single line response. You can also do a query from it to get data. Contact Sales@kepware.com and took to one of the sales application engineers and they can walk you through the entire process and answer any questions.

I have both.  I think if you want something simple, Kepware is the easiest to use