Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Marek Jambrich

Slc5/05 Vs Interchange

7 posts in this topic

I would like to ask you for help. I was unsuccesful in making unsolicited connection between Interchage and slc5/05. Solicited connections (DTL_READ, DTL_WRITE_W) works fine. But execrecv.c program in Interchange and MSG in SLC did not work for me. My MSG parameters was Comm. command : 485CIF Data Table Address: n10:0 Size in elements: 16 Channel: 1 MSG Timeout : 5 Data Table Offset: 128 Ethernet (IP) Address: CLIENT local, multihop no ICC: dtut.appl_adr = 64; ICC program makes successfull initialization, but SLC isn't sending any data when MSG becomes active (I have monitoring it with tcpdump). As a result I have 0x10 ERROR in SLC500. "Target node cannot respond because of incorrect command parameters" Can anybody help me? Thank you very much in advance Marek

Silly question, but is the N10 data file created in the PLC? By default, N10 does not exist, unless you created it yourself. Try N7:0? See if that reads the integer file...

What is Interchange? I don't think I have ever heard of it.

That's what you had to use with A-B software in the days before Rockwell bought ICOM and migrated to RSLinx. It included DTL (Data Table Library) for access to PLC data tables by custom 'C' programs. You can gauge its popularity by the fact that you've never heard of it.

There was a bug in the SLC-5/05 controller operating system OS501 Series C firmware revision 5 that broke messages to Interchange clients. Revision 4 worked, and Revision 6 will work when it is released. If FRN5 is the revision of controller you have, give a call to Rockwell Automation support and they'll send you a firmware kit. This information is a public knowledgebase document on A-B's support website (document P1960081), and Rockwell technical support knows about it too.

Thank you wery much ! this is it! I have read a lot of pages on support library but I have missed RIGHT page. Thanks! Marek

Does anyone know if Interchange is still publically available? If so, where would I find it? I am a little interested in the functions used with the C programming language. Edited by jonnie75