Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themoonlight

MATC_Cam Profile pause

4 posts in this topic

HI all,

I have an issue with one of my PLC task using Rockwell automation motion control and wondering if you can help me with it!

The task is creating a complex speed using CAM profile for programming the speed of PF527 Drive, it is actually two PF527 always work together on same direction.

I am using MATC instruction to do this task but I am facing an issue.

While I pause the instruction, everything will stop as required, however, when I resume the cam profile will run all over from zero. I am looking for some help / advice on how can I program the MATC so I can stop the profile (or “pause” it) without starting the whole profile from the beginning.

I do not have that much experience with motion control, and actually this is my first task therefore any help or support would be highly appreciated.

I have chose this instruction because we have a very complex profile, and this instruction support cam profile?

Do you have any suggestion for "generating complex speed profile based on time / based on position"  to control the drives speed ?

Thanks,

• two virtual axes: v-master & v-slave
  • create your profile for MAPC as if master units are time
  • jog, stop, start, etc. the v-master axis at "x" imaginary units per second with MAJ
  • gear the PF527 drives with individual MAG to the v-slave axis