LURBY

KINETIX 300 ETHERNET VELOCITY MODE ACCEL/DECEL

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to finish my set up on the Kinetix 300-Micrologix 1100 project.  I have most of the bugs worked out but I am stuck on something.

I am communicating with the drive in velocity mode over Ethernet using messaging instructions.  I enable the drive, send it a speed and it accelerates to that speed per the acceleration rate that I set in the MotionView software.  When I want to stop the drive I disable it.  It immediately stops.  No decel.  No ramp.  It is as if I sent the drive a "0" speed.  It does not matter what I set for a decel rate.  Accel I can change so I know that it is active.

Any idea why I am not getting a decel?  Is there another way to stop in velocity mode besides disabling the drive?  If that is the only way then is there a place to change what happens when I disable the drive? I did look in the manual but it only tells you how to start not how to stop.

Thanks in advance.

Why do you want to disable the K300 and not stop then disable?  Disable is an immediate "yank the rug" command, whereas Stop decelerates then stops.  Refer to page 45.  http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qs/cc-qs018_-en-p.pdf

With a Micro 1100 and messaging commands, state machine PLC programming is suggested.

The K300 supports messaging from a Micro 1100; this servo controller (and its big brother the K350) also support motion commands over Ethernet/IP (motion commands offer more control options).

Thanks.  I did look at that.  In fact I am using a variation of the program tied to that manual.  Unfortunately that example is using indexing mode and the stop is an ABORT INDEX.  I want to use velocity mode.  There does not seem to be a STOP or STOP MOTION in velocity mode.  That is my problem.

Sending a 0.0 did the trick.  It ramps down to the speed and "stops"

Surprising that AB does not have a STOP MOTION in velocity mode.  Thanks for your help.