Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zerosignalz

NT20S screen stays at "Connecting to Host"

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have an old NT20S-ST121B-EV3 and a CJ1M-CPU13 I would like to use them  together. But all the NT20S does is say "connecting to host."

I have been able to connect to the NT20S and load the application. I set the PT control to DM1000 and the PT notify to DM1100.

I have made a C200H-CN510 cable to connect between the CJ1M and NT20S.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

If the cable is correct, then you need to make sure that the communication protocol, baud rate, parity and stop bits match each other on both the NT20S and the PLC.  Don't forget that there is also a dip switch on the PLC that makes the port go to its default settings.  Depending upon your settings, you may need to set the dip switch to the non-default position.

I have both units set to Host link , 9600 baud rate. I don't know where or what parity and stop bits are. I have the dip switch#5 Port  set to auto. I believe the cable is correct I used the drawing from one of the tutorials, but will double check to be sure.

Thanks

Parity and stop bits are here:

58fe6f3254058_4-24-20174-58-04PM.jpg.e66

the E means Even parity and the 2 means two stop bits.  The 7 means 7 data bits.

1 person likes this

ok got parity set and it connected to the PLC and the first screen comes up, but after a second or so it disappeared, I searched and found another thread that dealt with this.

I made sure at the DM1000 I put a 1 , but the screen still disappeared,  So I used the mov #1 to d1000 and it is working!!!

Just wanted to give a final answer to what fixed it for anyone searching later.

Thanks So Much Michael