&Novice

TT pulse bit

12 posts in this topic

Dealing with programs with TT pulse On/Off bits which am battling to find the timers they are from, anyone with information as to how I go about this. Cross referencing is not helping as I am only getting the bits location. The program has got some batch programming which am not very much familiar with on top of the usual LAD

What PLC are you using?

Is that the complete address, just "TT"? A little more info and maybe post the program if you can.

Edited by Mickey

Please see attached the rung and where the cursor is...

7 hours ago, &Novice said:

Please see attached the rung and where the cursor is...

No attachment, try again.

Sorry please see attached. And when I cross reference is get the other screen shot...

1493106938467-417966055.jpg

1493106958574-1234030634.jpg

Sorry, but I cannot see that.

Maybe if you post the program, someone with that software will be able to help. It appears to be a Logix5000 program.

I do not have that software.

Search for the base timer name without the '.TT'

If you do a cross-reference on the x.TT bit, it should show the timer instruction.  You're looking for TON, TOF, etc. under the "Element" column.  Here's an example I ran by rt-clicking on an instruction that was using SnubberDown_Time.EN.

TimerEN-Bit.thumb.PNG.286ca386d8b812fa67

You should get a similar result for your TT bit.  In this case, it's used as an on-delay timer (TON).

1493106958574-1234030634.thumb.jpg.693541493106938467-417966055.thumb.jpg.7a4f31Good day all, been hectic. Please see attached a video clip of the coding and how I am doing the search for the timer. Also please note that the code has got phase managing in it

1493106958574-1234030634.thumb.jpg.693541493106938467-417966055.thumb.jpg.7a4f31Good day all, been hectic. Please see attached a video clip of the coding and how I am doing the search for the timer. Also please note that the code has got phase managing in it

Cross referencing takes me to 4 locations and of the 4, 2 are MOV instructions and the other 2 are XIO/XIC

If those are really the only places in the code where that timer address shows up, it's not being used.  The XIO/XIC instructions will never change state without there being a TON/TOF/RTO instruction somewhere.  The MOV instructions probably set up the timer preset and maybe the accumulator, but I can't really tell from your picture.

If you can post the ACD file (or send it via PM or email), that would help one of us help you.