Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pfort

Not able to run simulator (CP1L)

7 posts in this topic

Working at home this morning, so no PLC available here for trying my program.

So I started the simulator, but I got an error message: Failed to read file card details. Check that the file card is inserted and is correctly formatted.

Then I hit OK button on this and the same message reappear once.

When I hit again OK, I get another message: Not enough file space on the PLC!

Then it "disconnect" the simulator.

I have no idea what is supposed to be that file card. Maybe the memory card that we can use in CP1L, but I never used any.

Any suggestion someone?

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

That's definitely kinda weird! The only thing I can think of is to check the PLC device type to make sure it is set to CP1L.

Just now, Mendon Systems said:

That's definitely kinda weird! The only thing I can think of is to check the PLC device type to make sure it is set to CP1L.

Yes it is (Weird and CP1L). I started new project with another CP1L, and writed 1 rung, then tried simulator with same result.

Then I tried a new project with a CJ2M and simulator worked. So I converted my project to CJ2M and now I can simulate (and fix my mistakes).

So monday I will reconvert it to CP1L, and maybe reinstall CX-Programmer. I recall I had another weird error message this week, about FB.

Thanks

I tried the CX-P version 9.6 simulator here with one of my CP1L programs and it worked fine, so I don't really have any idea what to tell you. I guess what you are doing is about the best idea until you can sort it out.

I can fix this problem with online simulator.

Step 1: Change in option > PLC > Uncheck Automatically transfer program to simulator

Step 2: Click on Simulation > Work Online Simulator

Step 3: Click Transfer to PLC, In this step the error will appear again, no problem

Step 4: where it is written "Transfer to /From: Memory card" Change for Comment Memory 

Step 5: Some errors will appear but you will be able to transfer the program and simulate online, it was the only way I could, I still do not know why this error.

Images att

01.jpg

02.jpg

Edited by imblink
2 people like this

Thank you imblink.  Good info!

Imblink, You've saved my (job) life !!! TNX!!!

:-2