richard clark

SLC500 - resetting the time

10 posts in this topic

I am working on a 15 year old SLC500/04 system.

It is about 40 minuets slow on its internal clock, and this is displayed on the connected PV900 panel.

The customer has asked for the clock to be put right, not really an unrealistic expectation.

So have been on line, and in the 'Processor Status' , and clicked the 'SET TIME AND DATE' button.

Sure enough it pulls the correct time from my lap top, but then after a few seconds, it reverts back to its old time.

With the Key IN PROGRAM , the clock will stay updated, until the Key is switched back to RUN, at which point again the old time values are being displayed.

Is there a way of resetting and maintaining the clock ?

Thanks Richard

Chances are something else is writing to the time of the SLC. Probably the Panelview. Have you looked and it's configuration to see if it is mapped to the SLC's time? Also have you looked to see if there is anywhere to set the time on the panelview via one of the screens?

Post the Panelview program if possible and we'll have a look.

1 person likes this

Beat me to it. I'd have left off "chances are" :)

1 person likes this

Hi Thanks for replies

Yes , been through all of those options as well

I agree that it does seem to be writing it back, but there is Nothing on the panel view to set time, no screens.

The S40 - S42 registers only appear in the ladder in the one place, where they are used to set N registers, for the PV900 to read from.

So its got me beat, hence the question........

Can you post the Panelview program?

SCADA system?

Can you post the SLC's program?

Just now, Mickey said:

SCADA system?

That's why I said "chances are" ;)

5 minutes ago, richard clark said:

Hi Thanks for replies

Yes , been through all of those options as well

I agree that it does seem to be writing it back, but there is Nothing on the panel view to set time, no screens.

The S40 - S42 registers only appear in the ladder in the one place, where they are used to set N registers, for the PV900 to read from.

So its got me beat, hence the question........

Might be a script in PV

Just now, Michael Lloyd said:

Might be a script in PV

Being a 15 year old system I'm guessing it is a Standard Panelview.  Looking through the cobwebs in my head I don't think it had scripting.  I still wonder if the SLC's time isn't mapped to the Status Tags under Application Settings.

time.png

Disconnect the Panelview fromthe PLC. Reset the time to that currently in  the PC as described in the first post. Return the PLC to RUN. Wait a while See if the time in the PLC registers change. This should isolate if the Panelview is causing a problem or  is simply displaying the result of a change caused by something else.