Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themoonlight

motion instruction required to generate speed profile based on position

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

based on the above title, I am looking for motion instruction that helps me generate complex speed profile. I have two pf527 drives set up in velocity loop with its encoders. right now I am controlling /running the drives by  using a speed instruction  "motion axis jog", the load will move and the sensor read the current position of the load.

I would like to create a complex speed profile based on lists of positions (I have about 100 different speed for more that 5000 values). 

I read through MAPC and MATC instructions but I don't think it is fit my need because the cam profile is based on position and Slave is position value follow the master position or time. therefore I am looking for some advice from those who has experience with motion control using Rockwell, and I really appreciate your response in advance.

Thanks,

More information would be helpful. What kind of machine or process are you trying to control?

Are the two drives required to operate in some relation to each other or are they independent?

If you actually enter a position profile for a MAPC rather than just reading about it, you will find that the software will display a velocity profile and an acceleration profile in addition to the position profile.

Perhaps a sketch of the profile you want will stimulate more responses.

its a vehicle moving on a track. The two drives are always work together on same direction. attached is an example of the data required.

Thanks and appreciate your response in advance.

Data_Required.csv

MAJ, as you have probably learned, is a one-time "go this fast" command and is not so great for complex motion commands.  

Have you taken the time to get familiar with various Logix motion command function blocks?  http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/motion-rm002_-en-p.pdf

https://www.rockwellautomation.com/resources/misc/html/global-assets/solutions/oem/get/SP3738CAMApp_Sepegill.pdf

Lab examples that are posted online, and the A-B reference manuals, along with posting your latest code and what problems you are experiencing, are the best methods.  The question is vague and leaves out a lot of detail.

The first 22 lines of your csv data show zero change in position with various velocities and accelerations -- that is not possible!

Do you seriously need to make all the micro adjustments to velocity shown in your data?

Regarding your other posts about MATC --- No, you can't pause it