Mr Fish Processing

Reaching out for advice

2 posts in this topic

I am reaching out to the advanced experienced users out there, for an advice on device manufacturer selection.

We are planning to work with an automation firm for the design of one of our equipment. They recommend using IFM products.

IFM is not a name that I hear a lot compared to others, like AB or Omron, for example. Do you have any opinion about IFM products compared to others? Reliability? Complexity to program? Pros? Cons? Other comments?

Our application is mostly pneumatic system, a lot of PFC, some electrical motors. Food processing application, outdoors application.

I am looking forward to your comments.

Tks

i have used some of their products for quite some time. no complaints here. i like price, performance and reliability.

http://www.ifm.com/ifmus/web/home.htm

but, you as a client have right to insist on whatever you like. if you don't have already, make a list of things you use and ask them to stick with it. that will help you with maintenance (commonality of spare parts, established relationship or supply channels). that is pretty much what all large companies i worked with insisted on. that did not mean specs cannot change if there is a clear benefit (better price, availability, performance etc.). if you are not comfortable with something, say so - you are the client and client is always right.