Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
metallian443

Palletizing; PLC 5-15 and PV 600

2 posts in this topic

I have taken it upon myself to learn Panelbuilder32. I want to use a PV 600 DH+ and PLC 5/15 to monitor and provide control in the palletizing department. Pallet and slip sheet dispensing along with pallet distribution to 4 palletizing robots. The old system was a dataliner and digital keypad for entering manual codes to manipulate the equipment after clearing jams and trouble-shooting etc. I am a bit stumped when it comes to understanding how to incorporate the alarm banner and alarm screen functions. I already created the graphics and assigned my own tags for running the system but the alarm issue is perplexing. I am not sure how to address and trigger alarms nor do I know how to clear them from the screen. Any direction would be helpful

They way I typically do panelview alarms is: 1) In the PLC, I assign a group of words (I always use B3 - Binary, but you can use N - interger). If you have more than 15 alarms - you must use consecutive words (i.e. B3:11/B3:12). 2) In th PanelBuilder32 ALARMS folder, under the SETUP tab, configure the behavior of your alarm displays. Set the appropriate behavior in Banner Pop-UP. Even if you are not going to connect a printer to the PV and print alarms, use the Print Items section to set the items to be displayed in the alarm history. You will find this is trial-and-error as to how much info you can get on a particular screen size in addition to the alarm message text. 3) If you are going to use bit alarms, remember one important rule: You cannot use bit 0 of the first word. Bit 0 is used as a placeholder in PB32 database. 4) Under alarm triggers tab, enter the alarm trigger tags (PAH-5001, FAL-5323, etc.) in sequential order, starting with the trigger corresponding to bit 1 of word 1 (B3:11/1). Remember, you cannot use bit 0! Set the trigger type for each trigger to BIT. 5) You asked about clearing the alarm from the screen. The alarm banner will preconfigure with an Acknowledge button. When it is pressed, the banner will disappear. 6) Under the alarm messages tab, type in the text message for each alarm. Again you will find this is trial-and-error as far as making sure your text will fit. I always try to be as concise as possible (Booster Pump Hi-Hi Press, etc.). List your text messages in the order of their associated bit address (i.e. B3:11/1 - first message, B3:11/2 - second message, etc.) 7) In the PB32 Tag Editor, enter each of the alrm trigger tags as you would any other tag, but give each one an address of bit 0 of word 1 (B3:11/0). This is the reason you cannot use bit 0 of word 1 in the trigger addresses; PB32 expects all bit-type alarms to have the same address or placeholder (bit 0 word 1) and sorts out which trigger is which by its bit position (1 thru xxx). If you have more than 15 alarms, you can use bit 0 of word 2 for alarm trigger #16. Or in any subsequent word, depending upon the # of alarms you have. Only bit 0 of word 1 is reserved.