Shaynet

NT20S / C200HS screen only showing for a second

11 posts in this topic

Hey All. Long time since I posted hope it's okay to ask another question.

I'm having trouble with my NT20S, what's happening is that the there an initialising memory screen, then the first screen comes up just for a second, then the whole screen goes black. I tried resetting and reloading the NT20S application and tthe same of the C200HS.

The system is functioning perfectly (it's just basic home automation setup., just can't get anything to show on the screen. Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks

Shayne

Sounds like you have zero in the first word of the PT Control Area.  It needs to have the number of the screen you want to display.

Hey Jay. There's an initial screen set to display. I know this because I changed it to see if that was the problem. I actually see that screen I set for a second then it vanishes.  Also worth noting this didn't seem to happen as a result of a programming change. It was more all of a sudden.  It's really hard to know if it's on the host or PT side as there are no errors thrown that I can see, or know how to find.   I have switched out the PT and it has the same issue, so I know it's not a hardware fault on the PT side. 

Edited by Shaynet

Sounds like you have zero in the first word of the PT Control Area.  It needs to have the number of the screen you want to display.

Did you check the first word of the PT Control Area?  If it is zero, then this will happen no matter what the initial screen is.

Hey Jay, 

So i checked the settings on the PT and the control area is set to DM 0000 and notify area is DM 0504 is that what you mean by zero? Should I check something on the other end? 

Any advice you could give would be awesome.

Some extra detail

Screen turns on

Shows 'setting memory table' for a second

Then shows the initial screen for a second

Then just goes blank with the backlight on.

4 hours ago, Shaynet said:

Hey Jay, 

So i checked the settings on the PT and the control area is set to DM 0000 and notify area is DM 0504 is that what you mean by zero? Should I check something on the other end? 

Any advice you could give would be awesome.

Jay is suggesting that you check the value in DM 0000.  It is likely being overwritten with a screen number that does not exist (such as screen number 0 as Jay suggested).

Ahh right, yep I checked that memory value and it was 0. 

What's the value I should put in to show say screen 1? They looked like hex codes.

You should put a 1 in DM0 to make it show screen 1.  All sarcasm aside, 1 is 1 is 1, whether it is hex, binary (UINT) or BCD (anything 0-9 is the same value any way that you interpret it).  I think if you have it set up to start with screen 1, you should be ok.  You should look for the code that is moving a 0 into DM0 and remove that portion of code.  If not, you can always use the first scan flag to do a MOV #1 DM0.

Thanks mate. Feel free to throw in newbie sarcasm :) I know my place. I'll give that a go... I'm pretty sure there's no code that changes DMO but I'll go through it just in case. 

Just wanted to share a quick update. Found the issue and is what exactly what you were saying above... but now I know why it happened.  Basically there was is a pressure sensor that tells how much water is in our tanks. I'd disconnected that and it was throwing the 0 value -- for some reason, this was being stored in DM0. 

Fixed and she's all back up and running.

Thanks everyone for your help.