Nikkel

Honeywell DCS with Schneider Citect

2 posts in this topic

I am new to Honeywell DCS but with 15 years of PLC/SCADA experience with Rockwell controllogix series, GE iFix and historian and Schneider PLC/PAC.

My project requeires to use Honeywell DCS (ComfortPoint Open series) and ML200 to monitor 17 Vetilation Fan and also the PM5100 power meter, and interfacing with existing SCADA System (using Citect and M580)

And problems arise when I try to start to work.

According to Client's request, I should provide a Modbus Register Table (honeywell's tech support guy even not understand what is MODBUS Register Table) for M580 to interfacing. I read the manual, it should be set by Softmaster NM, but I cannot even find the software.

For Honeywell DCS, I cannot understand what they so call "function block", and I cannot find any supporting document on web. Also where to configure the so call "MSTP"  so that it can receive the Modbus signal ?

My boss also request me to building an EBI Server for client as HMI, but I cannot find any related document about it, Can anyone tell me if "Honeywell EBI" can use as a SCADA?

I spent about 10 minutes looking for documentation for this system.   There is no documentation on the US Honeywell web site (see statement at the bottom of the screen shot of the search engine):
https://s23.postimg.org/g3h5pdvqj/no_documentation_on_US_site.jpg

I found several data sheets but no manual.

I found one reference to it being a German product.

I found lots of references to it being BACnet enabled, but only short cursory references to its Modbus capability.

The question in my mind is whether it is a real product of vaporware product or a short-lived now obsolete product.  Any commercial device that returns no Google search hits for "manual" doesn't seem to have much of a market presence.

If Modbus is real for this product (which is real?) then there has to be some documentation, but 10 minutes didn't bring up any.

In general, you need documentation to figure out Modbus.   PLC slaves frequently need to map specific tags or points to Modbus registers.

Honeywell's industrial HC-900 Process Automation Controller has a fixed Modbus slave map where each function block is assigned slave address registers, or one can custom map each and every point.  It's an either/or situation, one does fixed or custom, but not both at the same time.

Wireless systems frequently allow custom mapping of tags to registers.  But you have to know that and how to do it.

Sorry I can't help. but Honeywell hasn't begun to make it easy to use this particular beast.

I'm putting this one in my folder called, "Just because it's Modbus doesn't mean it communicates".

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/32683-honeywell-dcs-with-schneider-citect/