Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Akif KC

Issues with downloading .mer Factorytalk View file to PVP 1000

15 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am trying to download a New .mer file to the PVP 1000 I have here. I didn't had any issues like this before. I am using an existing program which I was using in the PVP before, and updated little bit of the program now and I am trying to download it, but at first for some reason I wasn't able to find the devices under the Ethernet tab, it just disappeared suddenly. Then I ended up creating devices manually and the Factorytalk view recognized it. But, now after I created the Shortcuts(same name I used before so it doesn't screw up) in the communications and selected the PLC I needed to connect from the Design local and also clicked the Copy to runtime button, and clicked Okay, which should be good to go. But, for some reason when I created the runtime application, it started giving me a warning saying the runtime target device doesn't have any device assigned, but I did copy from design to runtime. And if I manually assign the add device thing in Runtime and click apply, it doesn't load the file to the PVP and gives a error. I don't know what is actually happening. Can someone please help me out here? Sorry for the long passage. Will really appreciate and Thank you very much.

Akif.

Please post screenshots of your issue.  The more detail you provide, the better chance of getting a concise solution.

This is what it shows when I created a shortcut and added the device in Design local and clicked the copy to runtime button. In this I didn't created a device by going into the runtime.
Here it downloads to the PVP but gives this warning.

20170410_122916_resized.jpg

Whereas, as shown in this pic, this is what it shows when I actually go inside the Runtime tab and add the device manually and click apply. Here it doesn't download to the PVP and system becomes spinning all the time, and this error message comes.

I hope I am clear here. Thank you very much.

20170410_122755_resized.jpg

Is your development PC connected to the PLC at the time of project development?  

FTView is barking at you about the RSLinx Runtime and Design information not matching.  Most of us have run into this.

Refer to Step (7)  https://theautomationblog.com/seven-things-you-need-to-know-before-using-the-panelview-plus/

Page 127/150 also will walk you through configuration Design-Local and Runtime-Target communication tabs.  https://mail.nelson-electric.com/webshare/LABS/On%20Tour%202016%20-%20L16%20-%20FactoryTalk-%C2%AB%20View%20Machine%20Edition%20and%20PanelViewG%C3%A4%C3%B3%20Plus%20Features%20for%20Improving%20Efficiency%20-%20Lab%20Manual.pdf

What is the destination device, exactly ?

These error messages are consistent with you having inserted only a communications module and not a CPU, or some other similar issue where the actual device associated with the shortcut isn't a controller.

For your question Ken,  the destination device is a Compactguard logix PLC, if I am not wrong, it is the 1769erms...something like that. So in the comm tab, I created a 'jnm' shortcut, and without expanding the PLC tab, I selected it and copy design to runtime and did it like that. Am I doing it wrong anywhere?

Kaiser Will, I was connected to the PLC online, then I set the communications with that PLC in FTV. But I actually clicked that button Copy to Runtime, so it should be the same right? it is confusing me.

Am I doing wrong anywhere? And also, is there a chance I actually di something wrong when I set up the Ethernet manually?

Thanks for the links Kaiser.

I am getting confused now whether I should select the PLC without expanding to it is processor, or should I expand and go inside and select the processor then click Copy and Apply??? Please guide me through this. Thanks.

20170410_122317_resized.jpg

This part is finicky, when deciding how far to drill down into a Logix rack for setting the FTView communications.  I am going off of memory...when FTView Studio can see the IP address of the PLC rack, that is far enough (as you have shown). Select COPY FROM DESIGN TO RUNTIME to copy the communication link settings; select OK to commit the communication link changes.

Incidentally, the FTView Studio lower pane gives step-by-step progress of the application changes as well as diagnostics when things do not progress properly.  If you do not have success, expand the bottom pane and post screenshots of the information.

Hmmm, yeah ! :(

I don't know what actually happened all in a sudden.

I will do as you mentioned, Thanks Kaiser.

Okay, now I did the same thing I did yesterday, but clicked the apply button first after creating the shortcut to the PLC in FTV and downloaded it, it seems like it is working now. I am still little bit confused as I did everything manually. I hope I did it right and I am fine.

For me, when I run into situations in which devices do not want to work properly, take good notes and grab screenshots.  If you stick with this, you can develop useful work instructions as you go. It also to helps walk your way back to find the fix to your woes.

Thank you very much for the useful feedbacks Kaiser. :)