Subarna_G

Connection between factory talk and NJ-series

6 posts in this topic

Hi Mr.PLCs

I have the experience to connect cj_series with FactoryTalk through Kepware but I didn't get NJ-Series in the dropdown button. Is there any other way around to control NJ-series PLC by FactoryTalk Site edition? If there is any software to do the job, please let me know.

Thanks all

Subarna

Just set it up like it is a CJ2 PLC.  Then you will have to use the AT functionality in Sysmac Studio.  That is, give each tag an address so that you can point the software at the address. 

Example:

58eb988c483cc_ATExample.jpg.2eafe4a0ea33

Note that when using double word (or quad word) data types, the symbol will use consecutive addresses (either 2 or 4).  For instance, the RealExample symbol will consume addresses D60 and D61.

thank you for your kind response.

I have these instruction in Sysmac studio but I dont Have Idea to connect it to factorytalk site edition. For CJ-series I use Kapware as a connecting software but in Kepware there is noNJ-series in the dropdown button. I tried OPC server but OPC servere didn't accept word tags.

As Mike stated, set up Kepware to think it's talking to a CJ2 and set the AT addresses in the program.

I thought the latest version of Kepware had support for NJ.  Might be time for you to upgrade.  I just looked at their site and they claim to have an Omron NJ Ethernet driver.

9 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

I thought the latest version of Kepware had support for NJ.  Might be time for you to upgrade.  I just looked at their site and they claim to have an Omron NJ Ethernet driver.

Good point.  I should have mentioned that. 

Using the latest Kepware OPC server is the best choice.

Using CJ style addresses in the AT column works, but string data types would be a problem.

The NJ stores strings internally in high / low byte order differently than a CJ.  A string of ABCD stored in an NJ read using a CJ address based driver would show up as BADC in the client software.

This is the reason that devices such as the NB HMI have an NJ/NX driver selection when using the FINS protocol.  The driver knows that strings are stored differently.  I don't remember if any other data types are affected, but the Kepware OPC server that supports the NJ by tag name some solves the issue.