Bijusi

Motion Controller / Simple Motion Controller - Synchronous control and interpolation control simultaneously

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I am currently using both Motion controller Q172DSCPU and Simple motion controller QD77MS for my application. I spent time for Advance synchronous control with Motion controller QD172DSCPU. However, I wonder that is there any solution to combine synchronous control and interpolation control?

For example, I need controlling 4 axes consisting of 3 axes for helical interpolation and 1 axis for linear position control. The problem is that all 4 axes start and complete position at the same time.

Does anybody have experience in this? please share your ideas. Thanks in advanced.

You'll have to write some math to figure out the 4th axis, there is no built in way to achieve that.  Helical is always 3 axes.  

Perhaps you can use gearing in some form and make the linear part of the helical axis the master for your 4th axis as a slave.

1 person likes this

Really, I have no ideas for this issue. Mitsubishi give a linear interpolation 4 axis, however this function only can use for PTP (point to point movement). I would like to synchronize a motion program with 2 axis for circular interpolation and a motion program with 2 axis for linear interpolation.  In the other words, both motion programs are started and completed simultaneously. 

Not a common motion application.  As i said, you will have to do it in logic.  Circular interpolation is always 2 axes.  Linear can involve up to 4.

As I said before, if you do helical interpolation, you will have 2 moving in a circular pattern while another moves linear, and you may be able to use gearing to make your other axis follow.