Devilman_74

QJ71E71-100 communication between PLC

12 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I am currently using GX Works 2, and i have experienced with success a project where i put in communication 6 PLCs together series Q06UDE(H) using Ethernet built in port, configured inside the program by these functions:

- EthConnectQnUDE & EthSendReceiveQnUDE

Now i have to do the same with 6 PLC model Q02U via external ethernet module QJ71E71-100. I know that Beijer developed the same function blocks for this purpose, named:

- EthConnectQ & EthSendReceiveQ

but i cannot find them in anywhere, and Beijer stopped this service time ago. I tried also to contact Mitsubishi support, but they do not have any idea what i am talking about and their "MyMitsubishi" support is very poor of solutions. Did anyone of you experienced the same problem? do you know where i can find these function blocks, or in general, where i can find a decent Mitsubishi Function block libraries?

Thank you very much in advance

As i understood you used LQnUDEEthernet_GW2_V200 library.

1)Try to exchange SP.SOCOPEN and others function for built-in ether et to ZP.OPEN and others function for interface module. Read this manual SH(NA)-081105ENG-E Chapter 12 .There is have example sequence code.

From this instruction:

23.thumb.PNG.4f280ae6eabd0ed8b74532bb37a

To this instruction:

58e856d186c38_.thumb.PNG.5abe8e8808ede4d

Edited by Clear.Mind

When you have QJ71E71-100 modules you can use the dedicated instruction like ZNWR ZNRD wich are really easy to use to communicate between PLC over ethernet.

However if you want to keep to your fixed buffer communications there FB can be downloaded from the MyMitsubishi site.

just do a search on "Fixed Buffer" in the program examples section

I would like to say thank you both. I tried to apply these suggestions, but i get some difficulties to set the QJ71E71 up because it seems it doesn't accept the MC Protocol mode.

System does not work yet in the way i want.

Anyway i'll try to find the way, but i really appreciate your support, much more useful than the Mitsubishi Official one.

to whom may concern...

Following your suggestions (Gambit) I had success to get this system works but...problem is the number of connections (16 in total) used for connecting together 5 PLCs and 4 HMIs (18 connections in this case for sending and receiving). That considering also the 4HMI because on the ship system i am working on, they are spread in locations not reached by PLC but only by ethernet connection. 

Unfortunately, as far as i could discover, QJ71E71-100 doesn't support the "MC Protocol" which is instead supported by Built-In_Ethernet port on model Q06UDEHCPU. I heard this protocol has been provided to this kind of CPU in order to get it in communication with PC, but Beijer, years ago, developed a program part for using with  success also for PLC to PLC communication. The advantage is, as far as i could experienced, that by using "MC Protocol" it is possible to use the same channel for send-receive data; this is not possible using the standard features fo QJ71E71-100 device, which instead want to occupy 2 connections for sending and receiving.

Therefore i am redirecting to this built-in-port CPU.

Once again i would like to say thank you and i have also naother curiosity: does anyone of you experienced a problem of limitation like this with QJ71E71-100 device? Which is the advandage to have it instead of using the built-in-port if we loose this  "MC Protocol" option?

thanks anyway and have an happy easter

32 minutes ago, Devilman_74 said:

Unfortunately, as far as i could discover, QJ71E71-100 doesn't support the "MC Protocol"

Yes it does.

E71_100.png

Hi,

I am programming  a Mitsubishi PLC and want to make a connection to an Allen Bradley PLC through QJ71E71-100 card. I only need to read some data from AB plc and let AB plc to read some data register in Mitsubishi PLC. Do you guys have any recommendation way to make this work? Someone said if I designate the data register under PLC parameter-> Device for  (B) and (W) and can easily use them in my program with no additional programming for send or receiving. Thank you

@kaare_t 

On 4/14/2017 at 7:09 AM, kaare_t said:

Yes it does.

E71_100.png

I am trying to communicate via MC Protocol from a Q03UDECPU with QJ71E71-100 module - through ENET switch - to an FX3U-ENET-ADP attached to a FX3U PLC. The FX3U-ENET-ADP only allows TCP > MC Protocol communication as seen in my attached picture. This is the only reason I'm now trying to communicate via MC Protocol, whereas before I was able to communicate through fixed buffer from Q to Q PLC (using a S.JREAD instruction). How do I pull data to the Q from the FX3U ? Do I need a Mitsubishi MC Protocol Function Block to do this or can I still use Simple project > ladder logic instructions in GXWorks2? Using the settings you posted - Unpassive - how does the PLC know which destination IP address or port to go and receive the data from (the FX3U at 192.168.1.23 port 20512 in my case) ?

Below are the FX3U settings I have set up to communicate through the FX3U-ENET-ADP:

5c49e864781fd_MCProtocol-FX3U-ENET-ADP.t

Edited by Paolo_911
1 person likes this

Nevermind, just found out that a Q is unable to communicate with the FX3U-ENET-ADP, but apparently it can communicate with the FX3U-ENET. I was given some code by Mitsubishi tech support to communicate via MC Protocol and will give that a try. 

I'm pretty sure it should be able to communicate with the FX3U-ENET-ADP using MC protocol. There should be some function blocks available that supports MC protocol in the Q-series. Basically what was done was to write the protocol in code, and use "No protocol" settings on the Q Ethernet card. That way, all data is sent via the regular MC protocol, which the ADP card supports. I don't have an ENET-ADP card so it's a bit hard for me to test it, but I'll take a look for the FB's needed.

I won't guarantee it, but I would believe it's perfectly doable. However, @Paolo_911: You will need to use a project with labels to utilize FBs in your code. As mentioned, I'll look for the FBs.

On 7/4/2017 at 3:59 AM, Devilman_74 said:

Dear all,

I am currently using GX Works 2, and i have experienced with success a project where i put in communication 6 PLCs together series Q06UDE(H) using Ethernet built in port, configured inside the program by these functions:

- EthConnectQnUDE & EthSendReceiveQnUDE

Now i have to do the same with 6 PLC model Q02U via external ethernet module QJ71E71-100. I know that Beijer developed the same function blocks for this purpose, named:

- EthConnectQ & EthSendReceiveQ

but i cannot find them in anywhere, and Beijer stopped this service time ago. I tried also to contact Mitsubishi support, but they do not have any idea what i am talking about and their "MyMitsubishi" support is very poor of solutions. Did anyone of you experienced the same problem? do you know where i can find these function blocks, or in general, where i can find a decent Mitsubishi Function block libraries?

Thank you very much in advance

Dear,

You can share these FB "EthConnectQnUDE & EthSendReceiveQnUDE".

I searched for them on the Mitsubishi website, but no results. They would be very helpful.

Thank you!

Why not use the dedicated instructions like ZNWR etc they are much easier.