Jake104

Location of project file?

4 posts in this topic

In VBA I would like to get the path to the location of the project file.

In the project Explorer I can right-click the project and see the path for the "Project File" on the property pop-up. See attached screen dump.

As this application will eventually run from a server it will most likely not be in the standard location on the C-drive. I would therefore like to get this path in VBA.

How is that done?

I use FTview 7.0 on Win7pro-64bit

ProjectFilePath.png

Rockwell does make finding FTView SE files difficult.  Open a Windows Explorer and drill to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE

I do not have my system in front of me, so going off of old notes.  I do know for a fact that the project file, a very small file (the client) that FTView SE starts as the application, lives in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE\Client

I suspect there is a Project folder in that location

yep - it is quite well hidden - but can be found with Windows Explorer.

But my question is rather: How do I get this folder location by accessing the API Object Model for the FTview application/project?

I would like to get the folder name to use in VBA.

I can't imagine why you would need this, but the VBA Application property "Application.ConfigurationFileName" will give the full path to the server's project file.

It won't do anything to find the client file location, but again, that is rather pointless to know.  FTView is basically just a glorified, and poorly implemented web server/dedicated browser system.  Your actual project will ALWAYS reside where Rockwell wants it.  Moving it will completely break the FT Directory and your project.