lamboom

Contacting Tsunagi Lab in Japan

3 posts in this topic

I would like to verify that connectivity will not be an issue with a non-Omron EtherCAT drive ... especially in the area of streaming position data.   Does anyone here know how to do that?

Specifically .. the compatibility between Omron's NJ101-1000, ver. 1.0,  and the LinMot, EtherCAT CoE402 drive: C1250-DS-XC      A lot of people think it will work, or "should work" ... :-)

But the failure of the NJ to stream position data via E/IP to a LinMot Ethernet/IP drive designed to receive streaming over E/IP (Rockwell' Allen Bradley PLC can do it)  ... has caused some concern .... I would like to be sure that these devices are compatible.    Thanks much....

Edited by lamboom

UPDATE:  Tsunagi Lab hasn't tested that drive .. I have acquired one... and so far,  it is working well with the NJ.. am about to try Streaming position data .. will let you know if it works..

To be continued.......

More Update.. I'm not using the drive in it's streaming configuration mode, but only as a slave in a basic Motion Control Mode.  The MC_SyncMoveAbsolute fb does successfully provide streaming position data to the drive:

59245c08ed134_plot1ms.jpg.f7afaf490e92e4

more later...........

Edited by lamboom