Unobtainium

delta hmi communication speed

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

i have DOP-07s411 delta hmi and i want to interface it with microcontroller using modbus (RTU) protocol over RS485( 8 bit data,1 stop bit, parity none,19200 baud rate). i have good speed of communication if i do not use macros. But as i place background macro(background macro is only 4 lines ) it slow down and  updates the display at every 3 seconds. i cant able to figure out what is the problem. I want to update display of  HMI very fast.Please help me to troubleshoot the problem.

Hi Unobtainium.

What type of macro are you running? Screen Open Macro / Screen Close Macro or Screen Cycle Macro? and what is your macro doing?

Cheers

Guy

Hello,

Thanks for your reply,

I am using BACKGROUND macro.

following are the commonds which i have used in macro to convert two 16 bit of data in single 32 bit data.

[Y]= {LINK2}1@W40001 && 15
[TEN-Y] = [Y] * 65536 (DW)
[Z] = {LINK2}1@W40002 >> 16 (DW)
[P]= [Z] + [TEN-Y](DW)

The background macro will run continuously regardless of what page you are on which is why things are slowing down. How many lines have you set the background macro update cycle to run at?

Do you need these calculations to run for every page and continuously? If so I would move the calculations to the PLC if possible. If you only need this calculation for a specific page then move the macro to that particular page. If your system can handle the macro running every few seconds then would advise adding some sort of trigger to activate the macro to prevent it from running all the time, this can be done by changing the macro to a clock macro instead of a background macro or build in a delay timer.

Cheers

Guy

Hello ,

Thanks for your reply

i have used background macro to combine two 16 bit data to get my final data of 32 bit.

Hmi receives that data from micro controller continuously so It is required to run continues in background

It is not possible to do this calculation in my controller.

i have 32 bit of data to send from micro controller to hmi among them 0-24 bits are my data bits and 24-32 bits are decimal point location.

HMI receives this 32 bits data as a two 16 bits data so i have to separate decimal point location from data and convert remaining bits into 24 bit data to display it correctly.

how many pages does your HMI program have?

Hello,

Thanks for your reply

Till now its only one page but upto final project it may be 10 or 15 pages

I would change the macro to a clock mancro and set it to run every few seconds or so unless you absolutely need it to update faster. also move the macro to the specific page you need to view the data on so that when you add the additional pages the macro will only run when required.

Out of interest what PLC are you using?

Hello,

Thanks for your reply,

Till now i have only page and its updating slow,

I have placed same macro routine in screen cycle macro and checked but it also very slow as 2 second.

when you say "I have placed the same macro routine in the scrren cycle macro" do you mean you made a copy of it and left the original macro as a background macro or did you delete the background macro from the macro list?

Hello,

Thanks for your reply,

of course i have deleted macro lines from background macro. There is only one macro running at a time.

Edited by Unobtainium

Does your macro have the "END" function included?

Hello,

Thanks for your reply

yes i have included "END " at the end of macro

interesting. I have sent you a pm.