Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pcmccartney1

FTView ME 8.20 TagDB

5 posts in this topic

Recent issue with my FTView ME Studio V8.20.  When on any object's Connections Tab and selecting on the ellipse for either Tag or Expression, FTView ME locks up.  Dead as a doornail.  Eventually have to open a Task Manager to kill the app, then reboot the PC (in this case, a VMImage of Win 7).

Pretty sure it's a call to the MDF file in the project folder, but not sure how or what to look at to repair the lock condition.

Any ideas or pointers?  Hoping the answer is not "Uninstall and re-Install".

Thanks in advance,

Rick

P.S. Interestingly, when using the task manager to kill the app, I occasionally get a new icon in the taskbar for "Tag Browser".

Edited by pcmccartney1

Nevermind, turns out the FTView ME is not locking up, rather the Tag Browser was off the visible screen.  The technote descries using the Alt+Space method to gain access to the windows tile and then using arrow keys to eventually move it back into visible range of screen.

I'm having the same problem when I open the Test App.  It goes to the top of the screen out of sight.  I can just see the yellow Type X to shut down banner.  Can you post that tech note please. 

Thanks

Found a solution.  Project Settings - Runtime tab - Window Position: Tech note says it should be 0, 0  but 5, 5 puts the test app back on the screen.  20, 20 even better.

Thanks GSteel for posting back the solution