Lost Al

Solid PC connection for Mitsi PLCs

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone discovered a laptop that will connect to all mitsi PLC types (and Melfa Robots) via MELSOFT TCP connection. My Dell 5510 seems to have the most random dislike for this kit. at the moment it is happy to link to Q series but wont touch FX at the moment (this has not always been the case).

I have checked all basics I know;

1. Pinging 2. Port setting to Melsoft 3.  Direct connection to FX3U-ENET avoiding the unmanaged switch (altering settings to suit). 4. Using FX Configurator to try and diagnose,checking the module settings in the project. 5. Disabling laptop wifi connections 6. Disabling firewall and AV. 7. Trying to setup a UDP connection (this seemed to work on Q series)

Pffff.....:burn:

Any thoughts?....I am obliged to use a site networked laptop so there maybe IT issues....however due to my ongoing frustration I will order a laptop and use offline like a wild man

I usd to have a Dell and never had any problems setting up communication.

Just one thing the Q series has a port already set up for communication for the FX you have to specify a MELSOFT connection first!!

Thanks Gambit..yeah I have set up 2 melsoft ports (other 2 on FX3U-ENET are MC protocol for cameras)..I always check for Melsoft port and check on diagnostics if possible!

I think its because this laptop is so corporate IT (AV, firewall and goodness knows what else)...what Dell are you using? 

I Don't have a Dell anymore right now I have a Lennovo P50s withtout any issues.

Modern day corporate firewalls have given us major headaches with connection issues etc...