Jozefloso

COM port sending data

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

can any one help me? AB MicroLogix 1400 and i need sending exactly information's to COM port(9 pin).

For example: in input 1(digital I/O) is true send to COM port A1 if input 1(digital I/O) is false send A0 to COM port.

Anyone know how to do it? thx if anyone response 

And can anyone write me here any other forum with PLC contend? (simatic, alan bredly.,..) Iam new here, Thx so much

Edited by Jozefloso

Not entirely sure what you are trying to do here but this is what I think you are saying. Are you trying to receive information via the 9 pin com port on the ML 1400 or are you wanting to write information to another device by sending it out through this com port? What device are you trying to write to?

MicroLogix 1400 communication ports => Channel 0 (RS-232/485) & Channel 2 (RS-232); page 19/404  http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1766-um001_-en-p.pdf

When you say "sending exactly information's to COM port", which communication port are you referring to?  COM 0 or COM 2.

Identify the PLC communication port you desire to use; identify the communication parameters your external device requires (baud rate, handshake control, parity, etc.).

After you have the com port selected, the communication parameters selected, then a base program will need to be loaded in the PLC to setup the communication port, load in the PLC program, put program in RUN mode.  At that point, your communication port is configured and ready for action.

You want to send ASCII data out of the serial port of MicroLogix 1400  => you will need this document as well.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1766-rm001_-en-p.pdf

1 person likes this

Thx all, i solve it yeasterday, for your information again: I try to send "A1" when I0:0/0 is true and A0 when is false to RS232(9pin). And same in I0:0/1... to I0:0/10...I solve it with AWT  instruction and String information... TO port 2/(com2-RS232) i send via AWT string which i create. i Create string ST11:0 to ST11:20.. TO any string i write Exactly information, for exzample to ST11:0 i write "A0".

In the end to net send it infinity times i use one shot. 

THx all to response.

To any other questions write me here. and nobody answer if exzist any same PLC forum... :(