Joseph 0028

AB Micro Logix 1100 Ethernet connection

5 posts in this topic

Hello Guys, I hope you all doing well... 

So I am new to Allen Bradley, was using Siemens Automation till now, but i am changing company and new company immersed in Rockwell automation.

Si I have this RSLogix Micro starter program and i have a bunch of micrologix plc's to practice. So i tried AB-DF1 driver in RSLinx classic and was successfully able to connect with micrologix 1200, wire i used was DF1-RS232-USB.

Now I tried to connect Micrologix 1100 with Ethernet cable, i tried both Ethernet devices and ethernet/ip driver on driver types in RSLinx classic, but was not able to connect to plc... So, How to connect this micrologix 1100 with ethernet cable.. Is is possible ???

Thanks...   

Edited by Joseph 0028
more expansive

Do you know the IP address?  If so can you ping it?

(a) New PLC may have no IP address and DHCP is on; in that case, use Allen-Bradley's BootP or similar program to set a fixed IP address and turn of DHCP

(b) PLC is addressed; in that case, use WireShark (free IP sniffing utility), turn of all PC ports (except the LAN port connected to the PLC), and sniff away

You should be able to use the display and menu buttons on the front of the PLC to check the Ethernet communication settings. As already mentioned, if it is setup for BootP or DHCP, you can use the DHCP/BootP tool to give it an address.