Yashj7

Wireless connectivity for Ultra 5000 IPD

4 posts in this topic

I have the Ultra 5000 Intelligent Positioning Drive for lifting purpose. Now currently the only way i am able to go online with the drive is through the Serial Communication cable (db9) and till the time i am online with the drive the movement of the lifting operation has to be put on hold. 

So is the anyway possible to go online with the ultra5000 drive on the wireless network? 

need some suggestion on accessing the drive parameters over wireless network instead of conventional serial communication cable.

Thanks

I have used a serial wireless device it plugged into the serial power and needed a 5v power supply at the device and at the laptop I could plug it into the serial port and a USB port, I think it was called Handywave. I used to use it on Automax PLC's and was able to connect up to 150 meters away inside a factory.

http://www.handywave-usa.com/products/hps_120_kit.html

Alan.

alan_505,

thanks for the prompt response. the plc`s are easy to get on the wireless network, but i am looking specifically for the Servo Drive (Intelligent Position Drives). because these drives has its own controller in built and we cant just use a plc which connects the drive and put it on the the wireless network. 

We are using the Drive alone and want that drive to be on the Wireless plant network.

So you want serial at the U5000 and ethernet to the plant network.

You could use the handwave connected to the U5000 and the otehr end connected to a PLC that has serial port.

What do you want to get out of the U5000 whilst on the plant network?