JDR15

Axis_CIP_Drive

5 posts in this topic

Well, since my first post worked out so well, let's give it another try. ;-)

Of the 100's of tags in the Axis_CIP_Drive Data Type, are there 1 or 2 "Master" fault tags that I can use?  I could not seem to find anything on this.

Thanks!

The fault bits are all gathered up into several fault words by type. I can't remember the exact element names, but if you open the axis tag in the tag database and expand it you will see this. Just make sure the structure is not sorted alphabetically, but is sorted using the actual structure layout. For each fault category, you should see a Fault word followed by a series of fault bits. The individual bits of the word are mapped from the fault bits, so you can just use EQU or NEQ comparison instructions to examine the whole word at once. If equal to zero, no faults. If not equal to zero, faults active.

But even then, there are still tons of faults, I'm looking for as few as possible "Master" like fault bits that I can use to let the operator know the servo has faulted and to look at the display on the servo for the specific fault(s). 

I was able to fire up Logix tonight and add a CIP motion axis. There are several status and fault registers, but the most important one is the AxisFault word. That one should correlate to a message on the drive. That's the only one I usually monitor.