acpi

Beijer IX series HMI's opinions

6 posts in this topic

Morning,

I plan to use an X2 Beijer HMI with two or three Omron plcs but I never used this HMI and I would like to collect some opinions about it. The key point for this project is the possibility to access the panel remotely. I have seen that it can do the job but I would like to know if it's reliable and easy to activate. Most generally how are the software and the hardware compared with other brands like Schneider or Siemens that I use most of the time ? Thanx.

JC

Haven't used this panel but if you have a choice i would go for a GOT. It has a VPN but also GT mobile which means you can connect  up to 5 devices at the same time with there own screens in their own resolution. Ideal for tabled and smartphones etc. 

1 person likes this

Hi,

GOT is Mitsubishi right ? this brand isn't very common here (France) and for this application I would prefer to choose a generic hmi and not a one from a big constructor, in this case I'll rather go for Schneider or Siemens which are the most used here. Thanx for your advice anyway.

JC

I understand. Strange though Mitsubishi Electric is one of the biggest Factory automation suppliers in the world.

To bad there are not represented in France. 

Morning,

Well they're present in France but they have a very small part of the automation market. I guess 90% of the Mitsubisghi plcs here comes from foreign machines constructors. In France we had a lot of French plcs suppliers like Telemecanique (Schneider now) that created their first plc in 1972 and still owned about 50% of the market in the beginning of the 90's so foreign brands are less present than in other european countries. So, anyone else for advices about Beijer ? I thought this brand was very well known outside France ?

JC

Edited by acpi

I understand. I thought you had concerns about the size of the company and availability of the product.

As for the Beijer terminal I Had a lot of experience with their E100 and E1000 range which I really liked. 
The iX Software i found to be slow and not so transparant as E-designer. However from the E100 series they always had a webserver inside so they have had a lot of experience with that  I expect that this part should be ok.