Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noorloai

Factory Talk- site edition

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

Q1- I would like to know how can I set up a pop up navigation button in FT.

I need to do the following: 

Click on a button will display a pop up screen that it has 6 screens pressing any of them will take me to the required screen.

Q2- I have another button once we pressed this button a confirmation message (yes/No) display if yes will take me to specific screen ? 

Thanks for your response in advanc.

" Click on a button will display a pop up screen that it has 6 screens pressing any of them will take me to the required screen. "

I take it, you mean 6 buttons to take you to the required 'screens'. (I use the term 'display' to refer to what you may call 'screen'.)

First, make sure the pop-up display is not configured as a 'replace' type unless it is your intention for it to close the existing display when it pops up.

Second, insert 6 button objects on the pop-up display each with it's own caption (the name of the display that you want that particular button to open).

Third, configure the action (I usually use the 'release' action.) to fire the command top open the new display. (Usually 'display <the intended new display name here>')

Finally, what is supposed to happen to the pp-up display after one of the 6 new displays has been chosen? Do you want it to close?  Remain on top?

So you'll have to perhaps add additional commands to the 6 buttons to control how the original pop-up display is dealt with.

If you are using a confirmation display, then I would use parameters to pass the name of the display selected from the 6 choices into the confirmation display and use the 'display' command there instead of the individual 6 buttons.

Edited by Filthy McNasty