jpratik92

Keyence vision systtem

3 posts in this topic

Hello 

I have a silver collar being detected with a silver background but it is not able to detect on a regular basis.  I have to retrain the image several times in a day. Do you guys can help me with that issue ? will a red direct light would help in detection ? 

here is the image of what i am trying to detect. 

collar.JPG

Different color lighting may help (ex: red or blue.)  You may also try a polarizing filter if you aren't currently using one.  This can help with glare issues.  I'm not sure what lighting system you're currently using, but you may also need to consider a dome light, diffused light, etc.  At a past employer, we were having a lot of issues with vision on a new machine, and we were able to get Keyence to come in with a selection of lighting and filters and spend a day working with us on proper lighting selection and fine-tuning configuration.

Can you post images with notations on them that show what you are inspecting?  A good/pass image and a bad/fail image would also be helpful.  From there, we can look at the images to help solve your problem.  At my facility, we have solved a lot of our lighting issues by using infrared lighting and filters.  This way, ambient light conditions have little to no effect on the process (unless you are directly under a window where the sun rises or sets).