sensor electrical

panelview 300 micro

3 posts in this topic

hi everyone,

need some info on the replacement panelview 300 micro.

what is the device replacing this model and how to convert the programme to suit the replacement unit.

I don't think there's a good drop-in replacement for the Micro 300.  What is it talking to?  If what its talking to has Ethernet capability, I would replace it with a Panelview +7 4.3" if it will fit (it's a little bigger).  If the PLC is RS232 only, I would be very tempted to give the Red Lion 4" Kadet another try (we had a lot of trouble with the earlier Kadets so we're a little shy of them now).  I'm pretty sure you won't be able to "convert" the program but will need to build it from scratch.  There may be software I'm not aware of to convert the Panelbuilder 32 file to FT View Studio.   

You can import the PanelBuilder 32 file into FT View Studio (At least with compatible versions) but, as Joe E. said, you're stuck if you need a serial connection.  We have a couple pieces of equipment that had the Micro 300 replaced by a PanelView Component 400 (discontinued now, but the PanelView 800 4.3" would be a similar option), but there is no conversion from PanelBuilder 32 and Connected Components Workbench, so the application had to be completely recreated.