Als

LOGO! Soft Comfort on ML1400.

5 posts in this topic

I have ML1400 set up on one of the portable conveyors. I am new to this PLC and the conveyor as well. I connected my laptop PC to ML1400 via ethernet switch and went on line with RSLogix 500 to upload the running program to save a back up copy only to find that there is no project running on RSLogix500. I realised that the LADDER Logic was done on LOGO! Soft Comfort Version 7.1.

The LOGO! software is installed on my PC, but I dont know how I could establish communication between Allen Bradley ML1400 processor and Siemens LOGO! Soft Comfort software, so that I can upload the runnning program for my back up.

thank you in advance for helping me.

I guess anything is possible, but I highly doubt your AB PLC was programmed with Siemens software. Your Logo software was probably used on a LOGO PLC in your plant.  Your initial idea of grabbing the program with RSLogix500 was correct.  The two manufacturers are very particular about that. 

Keep in mind that any program you pull off of a ML1400 is going to come without descriptions or other documentation.  All of that information is stored in the RSLogix500 project and is not loaded to the PLC.  You will grab the program just not anything that describes I/O, registers, or other comments.  What you get will work as a backup, but it will be extremely hard to look at and understand.

Thank you so much PLCMentor.

I initially doubted that as well - Siemens LOGO program running on AB ML1400 processor. But when I uploaded from the PLC to programmer (PC) I did not get any ladder programme or project on RSLogix500, though it was online and running.

This is something new and different to what I expected, as I normally do with SLC500.

But am just an apprentice and am too curious to learn more about PLC.

thank you,

I've programmed both the LOGO and ML1400 more times than I can remember. No... the ML1400 was not programmed with LOGO software. The LOGO is a Siemens product and the software isn't compatible with AB products.  My guess is that when you uploaded you uploaded the ML1400 program to different directory than you think you did

Edited by Michael Lloyd

Thanks so much Michael. You are straight forward and You have now removed all the doubts in my mind. I am now confident that I will be Okay from now.

I am lucky to have joined this forum.