Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boydage

IDEC is it worth using or selling!?!?!

3 posts in this topic

Hi. I am a DIY automation DIY CNC person with a very good understanding of electronics but in reality probably know nothing.

In my aim to fully automate my home workshop which is also my business. Trying to create a workshop with the output of three people yet just me utilising CNC and automation. Long story.

I have come accross a FA-1 Junior system. I now own it, thinking the servo motors would be of use. I also have all the equipment such as the controller, modules, high speed counter, memory modules, small power supplies and leads etc. I have absolutely no idea on how I would set this system up. I don't know if its worth researching to find out how to make use of this system. I do not have a 3ph power supply either.

I am thinking I should just sell this gear on Ebay and use the money to buy components I know about and can use.

Can I have some advice on this please? Is this equipment worth money? The motors are Oriental and I will say look and feel amazing.

Or is it worth researching how to set this system up. Although all I want to do really is jog motors etc. So programming is to me excessive.

Oh sorry. One more thing.

I expect I will sell this system. Is it worth more as a complete unit with all the motors and leads? Or would I make more if I sell it as one whole functioning system?

Regards Boyd

FA1J was obsolete well over a decade and a half ago, so I would bet nobody has much interest.

See if there is an automation reseller in your country, we have places like www.plccenter.com here in the US that buy and sell old products if there is demand.