Als

ML1400 connecting to PC over ethernet via ethernet switch

3 posts in this topic

I did set an IP address for ML1400 using RSLinx BOOTP DHCP server successfully. Then I went on to configure RSLinx Ethernet/IP Driver, also done successfully. But only when trying to validate the device under that driver, its giving me "Device not recognised." I made several attempts making sure everything was done correctly, but coming up with the same outcome.

Anyone had a similar experience and came out of it? Please help me.

thank you,

Rockwell's BootP server can be tricky from time to time.  After you set the Micro's IP address with BootP, cycle power to the MicroLogix PLC, open a command prompt (DOS shell) and verify you can ping the PLC.  Make sure, of course, your development PC IP address is set to communicate with the PLC.  

Once you verify the PC can ping the PLC, then open RSLinx.   Remember in RSLinx there are (2) Ethernet drivers...Ethernet Devices requires you populate your list of IP addresses; Ethernet/IP lists all IP devices that can be seen.

Please post screenshots.  There may be other issues at play.

1 person likes this

Thank you so much, kaiser_will. I will go through that as per your instructions and if I run into issues again, I will post back for more help. Otherwise, I am very happy with what you have put up.

Thank you so much.