Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gromit

Logix5000 Program Scope Tags

1 post in this topic

The original post was kinda scattered, and I got no responses, so I tried to get more to the point on this repost as follows.

1) Where can I get documentation on “Program Scope Tags”.

2) Our driver is currently using the documented way to discover and read/write to tags from Logix5000 Data Access (1756-pm020_-en-p.pdf). We specifically use the Symbolic Segment Address Method to read/write to tags. This involves encoding the human-readable tag name which can result in rather lengthy requests when tag names are verbose. We would like to be able to request atomic and structured tags using the Symbolic Instance ID Method, but the document we have has few examples of how to do it. 

3) Is there another document with more examples of using Symbolic Instance ID’s when making CIP service requests? 

4) Can we also get examples of how to decode non user-defined structure attribute messages. The above document does not cover these types. Further, it says to not deal with any tags that are not user-defined.

5) Can you provide documentation on time set/read methods for CIP. 

6) Do Time Synchronization methods exist and can an external client read and write the internal time on a Logix5000 device using Explicit Connected Messaging (CIP)?

Please assist.

Thanks.

Edited by gromit