Lost Al

E1011 and FX3U RS422

10 posts in this topic

I am trying to link to an FX3U with GX Developer. The system has an E1011 connected to the FX3U via RS422. I need to keep the HMI connected so would like to connect via the HMI....is this possible using the HMI ENET port as transport to the FX? Thank you

Just informed by my wise colleague that I can use Virtual Serial Port software and tunnel through GDX developer using the Com port set up by said software. One day I'll start liking Mitsubishi!

WALES!!

Yeah, just go transparent via HMI using serial/RS232.

Let me know if you need a hand as we're still in the stone age and connect via E screens using serial.

Hi Stuart,

Happy St Davids Day mate, where are you based...I'm living and working in Cardiff. Thank you for responding.

Most of my Misti hassles seem to be regarding connection via my new imposed effin' dell laptop that has a USB3.0 to Enet dongle...really infuriating

Anyway I couldn't get my "HW VSP" software to create a serial port, so ended up unplugging the E terminal, making a change ..replugging the HMI and checking...really silly

Cheers

Al

Factory based but do some freelance work from time to  time. 

Ah no, I have a USB serial converter that works fine.

I was attempting to connect to an FX3U that only has its built in circular RS422/RS232 port connected to the E1011. I wanted to connect to the FX via the E1011 enet port, and was advised this was possible by using virtual serial port software that sets up a Com port and emulates serial data over ethernet.  this would allow me to keep the E1011 connected while I monitored the FX ladder.

Unfortunately my top of the range laptop doesn't want to play! so I reverted to unplugging the HMI going in to the FX making changes then replugging the HMI...until I find a rusty old laptop that will probably work fine!!!! 

Hi!

1. What OS are you running?
  2. What VSP software did you use (that is not working)?
  3. In GX Developer "Transfer Setup", it often helps to select "via MAC/MTA Transparent mode" when tunneling through software/hardware

Hi.....

1. Win7 Prof 64bit (Dell 5510 with a USB3.0 to ENET adapter)

2. HW Virtual Serial Port....wasn't able to get the Com port to open...may have been a port selection issue also, something I struggle with in Mitsi world especially with GOTs

3. I hadn't selected the MAC/MTA option and will try next time I get to the machine

Thank you

Al

VSP.PNG

Did you ever get to test this, or is the application at a customer not currently available for testing? Please report back even if it works, it helps others with similar issues in the future :-)

Hi Kaare_t

No chance to test right now as the system is in production, hopefully I will get a chance soon and report back....thank you for the ongoing interest

All the very best

Al