Koriath

CPS files and CJ2M

1 post in this topic

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Always managed to find solutions already posted without posting (thanks everyone) but today I'm stumped.

I got a CJ2M - CPU35 inside a machine. I also have CX Programmer with the latest update (version 9.6.3.1). I can see and connect to the PLC just fine, the cable isn't the issue here.

It's the CPU version aparently. When I try to go online, it tells me there's an UM READ error. Twice. The  it fails and aborts the process. This means I get things like the IO table, but not the main program.

Now, I've long suspected it was password, and indeed had some cases of it, but here it's weirder. When I got the UM READ error before, I launched the Backup tool, and it asked me for the password. Sure enough, if it's locked, it's locked. But this time, it gives me a strange error. I've attached a picture to show it. According to the backup utlitity, the version of the CPU is 2.16, and since the latest CPS file for this cpu is version 2.1, it refuses to work. I thought it was weird, the latest update missing CPS files so I went searching. It has happened before, and folks found the CPS files somewhere else, but in this case, I'm pretty sure that what's happening is that there's no such thing as a CJ2M- CPU 35, version 2.16. I can't find mentions of it online, and I think something really weird just happened with this machine (I don't really know it's background, the machine is in my hands for a week so far).

Any ideas? I really need to get the main program from this PLC.

cj2m_v216.png