jpratik92

NJ501-1300 Ethernet/IP configuration

4 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I am a newbie to the Omron world. We have a new machine come in made on Omron PLC, we are trying to get it connected to our OPC server so that the server can read and write tags via ther Ethernet/IP protocol. We have given out ethernet card 10.14.9.187 IP and the NJ501-1300 controller is on 192.168.250.1. But still our OPC server cannot see the tags/variables. I dunno if we have to add the ethernet communication card to the network configurator and add the tag sets ? 

We are also getting a tag resolution error on sysmac studio while being online. 

Thanks

Pratik 

Edited by jpratik92

Hi Jpratik92 .. I feel your pain..  I had the same /similar problem.  Network Configurator is a nightmare for me..  Not only am I a newbie on the Forum, but also a real Nubie when it comes to Automation Engineering with networks.. so, I can't help you .. yet.     However, if you do find help here, and I think you will, I will be watching :-) ... for my own education.. Good Luck! 

Your PLC and computer need to be on the same network.  10.14 is not 192.168.... your subnet masks will make them 2 different networks, and so the devices will not talk.

Do a quick search on Ethernet and IP addresses and you will see what I mean.  This is Ethernet basics, nothing to do with the PLC.

Once they exist on the same network, you will make sure the variables you wish to access in the NJ are configured for network publish.  Then the OPC can ask for them by name.

Make your Ethernet card IP 192.168.250.20 so they are on the same segment. Also make the mask 255.255.255.0 in both places and all should be good.